Monday, October 19, 2009

"The Proposal" - Cute, but not that funny

I didn't see "The Proposal" starring Sandra Bullock when it came out in theaters. I don't really know why I didn't...I thought it looked funny and actually really wanted to see it, but I guess i just didn't get around to it. Finally, it came out on DVD the other day and I decided to rent it (from Redbox of course!) and watch it on my lonely Sunday evening while my fiance was at work.

Though it was a very cute, heart-warming movie, I really expected it to be a lot funnier than it really was. There were some laugh-out-loud moments, like when Bullock is running around a giant campfire with her soon-to-be grandmother in-law chanting "to the window, to the wall!" or when her and her soon-to-be fiance end up accidently running into each other...while they're naked. However, I really expected to laugh throughout the movie and that really just didn't happen. It actually kind of made me cry at parts, but then again I am a sucker for crying during movies.

I am truly glad, however, that I waited to rent this movie and that I didn't spend the $8 or $9 on a movie ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment