Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Austin music and food beats out Pullman

I know this post might not fit in exactly with the rest of the blog, but this is a new experience for me and I wanted to share it.

I am in Austin, TX for a college media convention. After we checked into the hotel we, (myself and another executive board member from Cable 8 Productions), walked over to register for the convention. Workshops don't start until tomorrow, so we were free to roam around the city.

I was expecting Wranglers' Jeans and cowboy hats, but as we walked downtown I realized how bias my perception is of Texas. I only saw one man actually wearing a cowboy hat and only one bar blasting country music. The restaurant we ate at was fine dining and had a live jazz combo. The streets are filled with a very diverse group of people, ranging from bums to men in expensive business suits. The street, though filled with bars, is not like Pullman where you have drunken college students stumbling around; the atmosphere is more classy and diverse. There are sports bars, dancing clubs and more elegant bars.

One night in Austin has more entertainment than I have ever experienced in my 20 years in Pullman.

No comments:

Post a Comment